Microwave is an essential commodity for any household or office. However, we are not willing to go through the turmoil of fumbling through various stores to get the most quiet microwave that we can find. Many people desire the quietest countertop microwave oven and you are one of them. Let’s go get it!
Quiet Microwave: Quick Comparison
Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven
COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB Countertop Microwave Oven
BLACK+DECKER Silent Digital Microwave Oven
Emerson Griller Microwave Oven
COMFEE’ Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
Magic Chef MCM770B Microwave
Nostalgia RMO4IVY Retro 0.9 Microwave
Silent Microwaves 2021: Reviews
1.Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven
This is our winner for the quietest microwaves in 2021.
It is made from stainless steel. This enables this microwave to never lose its sheen and style.
It comes with a sound on/off button.
If you wish to mute the sound of the microwave, then just press the button “8” for some seconds.
The sound will fade away after a beep. You won’t be tortured anymore with the infuriating sound, every time you try to cook or heat up your food.
This microwave oven boasts a smart sensor which makes it easier to cook even for amateurs. The only thing that is needed from you is to put the food inside the oven.
It will keep adjusting the humidity and set the timer and temperature accordingly. All your delicacies are now easier to enjoy with this revolutionary product.
- Comes with an Eco mode
- Has Custom Defrost & 1 lb. Auto Defrost
- Silent Mode
- Not the cheapest one on the list
2. COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB Countertop Microwave Oven
This microwave has emerged victorious in our assessment of the quietest countertop microwave.
It comes in a stylish black design and edgy finishing touches which makes it all the more attractive.
This microwave/oven also comes with the feature of ECO mode which is an essential contributing factor to the sustainability and nature-friendly approach.
This mode helps to conserve electricity by minimizing 50% standby power.
It comes with a sound on/off option which practically makes it the most ideal candidate for your search for a beepless microwave.
This is suitable for people who like it quiet and are with children or guests at home as it won’t interrupt your gathering by making unwanted sounds.
If you work late at night and ever feel hungry, you won’t have to worry about waking up the whole house with the noises. This microwave oven will make delicious food in an instant while keeping your night rendezvous a secret.
- Comes with a mute option.
- Comes with a child lock which makes it a secure for the curious hands of toddlers.
- Takes a little bit longer to cook things due to 700 watt power capacity
3. BLACK+DECKER Silent Digital Microwave Oven
It has 10 power levels which can be used according to the dish you desire to prepare.
Child safety lock options are also included in this ultra quiet microwave to keep your toddler safe.
The eco mode also enables you to accomplish social responsibility as a citizen.
Cooking in eco mode can significantly reduce the carbon footprint by the microwave.
It has a bright interior light which makes it easier to cook and know about the condition of food. Its door is also super easy to use and clean.
- Push button door release for easy access
- Removable 10.6” glass turntable
- A bit on the small side
4. Emerson 1.2 CU. FT. 1100W Griller Microwave Oven
With its sleek design and 10 power levels.
It is definitely a contender as it can easily add a lavish feel to your house by mixing with the custom interiors easily.
This is a brand that has been producing electric appliances for over 100 years which validates the quality and trust you can entrust while buying this product.
It boasts an 1100 watt griller which is an additional perk to buying this.
Judging from the brand and many customer reviews, this microwave will be quiet enough with only a little ding which makes it suitable if you have a tight budget but want a durable and high-tech microwave.
- Easy door opening function with a handle
- Compact, suitable for dorms, office or kitchens
- Interior Light is a little dim
- Does not come with a mute button
5. COMFEE’ Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
It also contains a function that enables one-touch cooking and prepares your food in 1-6 minutes.
There is also an additional 30 seconds cooking feature to make cooking even more convenient.
You can easily reheat or prepare your food like veggies, steak, puff pastries, chicken, or a lasagna through many of the auto cook functions available in this product.
It also provides 11 power levels which are high in comparison to the other products that we have reviewed.
It is designed for people inspired by retro culture. You will be ecstatic with the build of this quiet microwave as it flexes pastel colors with eco mode to take you on a time trip to older times.
- Comes with a safety lock which helps to prevent any accidents with little children
- Eco mode, which is a reminder of a sustainable and eco-friendly approach
- Quite small in size which might create obstructions if you want to cook a whole turkey or chicken
6. Magic Chef MCM770B 700 Watt 0.7 Cubic Feet Microwave
This is the best value option in this price range.
It comes in a very affordable range and is versatile, spacious for large dishes like chicken, and has many auto cook options.
Do not underestimate it through its price! It is a very powerful device and cooks food instantaneously.
The keypad controls give you the option of inputting precise cook times. It also makes a very little sound that won’t bother you at all.
The LED display will aid to enhance the visuals and help you keep an eye on your dish with ease.
Pre-cook buttons for dishes like pizza, popcorn, etc. also add to the comfort factor. In order to evade any mishappenings with small children around, it also comes with a safety lock.
- Low maintenance
- Efficient and very affordable
- Not the smallest carbon footprint
7. Nostalgia RMO4IVY Retro 0.9 Microwave
You can choose from ivory, jet black, metallic retro red, seafoam green, and aqua which in itself is really quite diverse for a microwave.
This quiet one has 12 power level modes, you can heat frozen foods and prepare eclectic recipes of different requirements in this product without any tediousness.
It also has a bright LED display which adds to the glory of its appearance.
Its rotating glass carousel helps you keep an eye on your food and determine whether your chicken is tendering equally from each side or not.
This also is a very discreet microwave that accommodates quietest cooking.
- Retro Accents which adds character to your kitchen
- Comes with a digital clock to keep track of time
- Priced a little high compared to the other options that we reviewed and compared
Why Are Microwaves Quite Loud?
Though technology has advanced enough to hush most of the loud noise microwave ovens used to make, the reason for this loud sound is a technical result of various parts like cooling fans, magnetron, high powered functionality.
The buzzing, humming, whirring, and vibrating sounds are some of the ways people characterize their noisy microwaves.
Sometimes if the magnetron is not properly muzzled to the chambers it collides against parts and makes a loud sound.
There is also a humming noise, which is caused by the capacitor, transformer, and diode.
No beep microwave ovens are what the intellect minds have created by combining their knack for curiosity and exploring technology in-depth and thus, now we can get rid of these disturbing noises by their continuous efforts.
How Do I Make My Microwave Beep Quieter?
Normally all microwaves make sounds that can be annoying and that makes it hard to be around them while our dish is being prepared.
Researchers have been pondering upon this laborious complication for years in order to finally break through this hindrance of technology and come through with a solution for all the people who are affected by it.
After many tries, we are finally bestowed with the ultimate creation i.e. the beepless microwaves. However, there are numerous other reasons which might make it a task to heat up your food.
If your microwave won’t stop beeping incessantly, it might be that there is a glitch or mishap in the inner parts or any part has broken down inside the machine. You better get it checked by a company professional or mechanic so as to avoid any unwanted situation.
It is also possible that the door of your microwave is not closed properly and the sensors are having a hard time recognizing it and thus going in a frenzy making noises.
You should also check if your exhaust fan is working properly or not because it hampers the cooling process.
However, the best option will be to get a microwave with no beep option and eliminate the noise forever. Some kind of sound will still obviously persist in microwaves without a mute option, like the ding which sounds after the timer finishes the countdown, etc.
What To Look For In A Best Quiet Microwave Oven
1. A quiet and non screeching door
2. Microwaves with the silent option, mute or sound off button
3. A compact sized microwave which reduces the surface area for resonation and thus, less sound.
4. A low power or multiple power potions microwaves as power and sound are directly proportional.
5. A microwave with digital times, so that you can take out your food by keeping track of time and avoid the unending beep sounds from your microwave.
6. A microwave oven with a good exhaust fan. This will eliminate the scope for technical issues that often lead to constant whooshing sound which is enough to give migraine to a person.
7. Check if your microwave is from a well-known and trusted brand and not a rip off brand as the market is filled with duplicates of good brands.
8. Consider the size of your kitchen or the place you are buying this microwave for.
9. Consider the type of oven which involves countertop ones, built-in microwaves, over the range microwave, and convection microwave.
10. Buy a microwave with good customer reviews. Reviews provide an in-depth view of the working as well as the pros and cons of the product.
Final Thoughts About The Best Quiet Microwaves
From our gathered data it is evident the market is now flooding with so many options for silent microwave ovens. They vary in color, features, and price but this article should be clear enough to help you decide your ideal companion for a quiet cooking experience.
We made a thorough assessment of all the ideal features and components which should be a part of the microwave oven that you are searching for.
The complexity of electric appliances is a subject which has been sought for a long time, it is why we have created this well explained article to help you choose the product which fits your criteria.
Noises are a disturbance especially when all you want to do is enjoy your midnight snack quietly and in peace.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for the quietest microwave in 2021, go for the the highly rated Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Silent Microwave Oven or COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PMB Countertop Microwave with sound on/off mode..
Enjoy the silence!